I hereby enter the Big Bass Classic to be held Saturday, May 10, 2014, on Lake Wright Patman or Lake Millwood. I have read and understand the rules and waive and release all other contestants, Big Bass Classic and Opportunities, Inc., sponsors, and tournament officials from all claims of personal injuries, accidents and/or damaged, lost or stolen property incurred in connection with the tournament, now or in the future.
By signing this entry form, I agree that I will submit to a polygraph test should I be called upon to do so or be disqualified from all prizes.
By signing this entry form, I agree to allow the Big Bass Classic and/or Opportunities, Inc. the right to take and publish photographs and/or audio and video of
myself as contestant and allow the Big Bass Classic and/or Opportunities, Inc. to use this material in any legal manner without further permission or compensation to myself. Participants information maybe shared with third party sponsors. To opt out email firstname.lastname@example.org by May 10, 2014
1. RULES, DECISIONS, PROTESTS:
1. All decisions of the Tournament Director and Rules Committee are FINAL.
2. All protests must be in writing with the Tournament Director within thirty (30) minutes of the designated weigh-in.
2. PARTICIPANTS AND ELIGIBILITY
1. All state and federal penal code laws shall apply at all times and all state, Coast Guard, federal, Parks & Wildlife regulations shall apply at all times.
2. Contestants must have a valid Texas or Arkansas fishing license on their person unless exempt.
3. Each person in boat must be a paid contestant of this Tournament and abide by all Tournament rules and regulations.
4. Non-contestants are not allowed in paid contestant’s boats at anytime during official Tournament hours.
5. All bass caught by contestants fishing together will be disqualified if any of the said contestants are found to be in violation of any Tournament rules and
6. Any contestant found to be in violation of any Tournament rules and regulations will be subject to disqualification from this Tournament and all future
7. Any person who has been disqualified from any prior tournament may be subject to being refused entry into this Tournament.
8. Tournament officials have the right to refuse ANY entry.
9. Participants 17 years of age or younger must be accompanied by a parent or adult with parental permission.
3. REGISTRATION AND ENTRY FEE
1. Entry Fee must be paid before fishing and no refund or substitution of entry fee for any reason.
2. Regular entry fee will be $70 paid at time of contestant’s initial registration.
There will be a $10 late fee after May 6th.
4. ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES
1. During Tournament hours no alcoholic beverages are to be consumed by tournament contestant or allowed in contestant’s boat.
5. SAFETY (THE FOLLOWING IS MANDATORY):
1. All boats must be equipped with some type of emergency ignition cut-off device (kill switch) on any remote steered outboard while the main engine is in use.
Ignition cut-off device (kill switch) must operate properly, which means when the kill switch is activated the outboard main engine must stop running
immediately. The ignition cut-off device (kill switch) must be attached to boat operator at all times while the outboard main engine is in use above idle speed.
However, kill switches are not required with hand operated engines unless equipped with a kill switch when manufactured.
2. Boat operator must show proof of valid registration.
3. U.S. Coast Guard approved life jackets are required for each person on board. Life jackets must be worn and fastened while main engine is in use above idle speed.
4. The Tournament will be held regardless of weather. (Should conditions threaten safety, please use caution.)
5. The above mentioned rules are for your safety.
6. PERMITTED FISHING AREAS AND HOURS
1. All fishing must be done on either Millwood Lake or Lake Wright Patman. Fishing will start at 6:00 a.m. (on your favorite hole). No launching before 4:00 a.m.
You must stop fishing on or before 3:00 p.m. and must be in weigh-in line at the Four States Fairgrounds Tournament Headquarters no later than 4:30 p.m.
Weigh-in will start at 12:00 noon. Official time will be determined by KKYR 102.5 Radio and Tournament Director. KKYR 102.5 will broadcast throughout the day.
7. TACKLE AND EQUIPMENT
1. All bass must be caught on artificial bait by casting. No trolling with the big motor. Only one rod may be used at any one time by contestant.
Other rods may be in the boat for substitute purposes.
2. No electronic tracking devices (implanted microchips) may be used to locate fish for Tournament purposes (depth-finders and graph charts are the only exception).
3. Bass must be caught from a legal motorized boat. There is no tube fishing or fishing from the bank allowed.
8. WEIGH-IN, SPORTSMANSHIP AND CONSERVATION:
1. Sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation are expected from every participant.
2. All bass weighed in will become the property of the Tournament and will be released back into the lake alive if possible.
3. Trailering a bass to weigh-in site during Tournament hours will be permissible. No bass on ice. Bass must be alive to be weighed in. However, any contestant
whether trailering or not, shall be required to bring their boat and respective partner or partners, if any, with them to the official weigh-in site for a boat inspection
when weighing bass in at any respective hour. Headquarters at Four States Fairgrounds Indoor Arena.
4. For conservation reasons, all bass brought to official weigh-in station must be in weigh-in bag with water or livewell.
5. No contestant may weigh in more than one bass. More than one bass per weigh-in bag is prohibited.
6. Bass must be weighed in by the contestant who originally caught the bass and it must be in said contestant’s actual physical possession in the weigh-in line
when said contestant declares ready to weigh.
7. Any artificially weighted or preserved bass will be disqualified and that contestant will be subject to prosecution under federal law. Any questionable entry
will be subject to inspection by a marine biologist or similarly, qualified expert from the Parks & Wildlife Dept.
8. Minimum length of bass to be weighed is 14 inches on Lake Wright Patman and on Millwood Lake. Official measuring board is Gator Grip-Golden Rule.
All bass will be weighed in tournament bag.
9. This is a BIG BASS Tournament (one bass). Only largemouth, smallmouth, and Kentucky spotted bass (black bass) will be weighed in.
10. No contestant may have more than three bass in possession at any time during official Tournament hours. This is a mandatory catch and release program
during official Tournament hours. All bass when Tournament is officially over must be released into official release truck.
11. This is a drive-thru weigh-in. Tournament officials will be stationed outside of the headquarters to direct traffic. Your complete cooperation is expected and
12. Upon arrival at weigh-in site, Tournament officials will assign you a weigh-in number which will be posted on your vehicle. This number will determine
the break of any ties both on Big Bass standing and/or any Bonus Prizes.
13. All fish must be caught on either Millwood or Wright Patman Lake during Big Bass Classic Tournament hours.
9. PRIZES & PAYBACK
1. First prize Winner can select the boat package or $10,000 cash. Second through tenth prizes are 80% payback based on number of entries. Eligibility to win boat
package requires SPECIAL REGISTRATION FORM available at any Bradford Marine & ATV location. Winner of boat package is responsible for taxes and
1. Polygraph tests will be given on a random basis and must be passed. Each contestant, by signing the entry form, agrees to submit to polygraph.
2. Any contestant determined by the polygraph examination or other Tournament officials to be intoxicated or on any type of illegal drugs at the time said contestant
is required to take the polygraph examination, or in violation of Tournament rules, will be disqualified from this and all future Tournaments.
3. Any contestant found to be in possession of any illegal substance will be subject to disqualification and prosecution.
11. BOAT INSPECTION
1. All contestants, by entering this Tournament, hereby agree to allow their boats to be boarded and inspected by Tournament officials at any time during the
Tournament, to include, but not limited to, their boat, boat registration, and boat contents to include live well, rod boxes, closed storage compartments,
tackle boxes, life jackets, PFD’s and safety equipment.
1. Any and all announcements concerning emergencies and results will be broadcast over KKYR 102.5. Bring a portable radio in your boat.